Sunday, July 20, 2014

When Harry met Sally aka "Jonny"

(Only in Harlem will you randomly come across 100 plus Policeman)


(Fox is pretty Patriotic which is pretty cool...)

This week was fantastic! I got to do a lot of incredible things, and overall I just feel extremely blessed. I am in awe of all the blessings that my life has given me and I'm so grateful for the experience I'm having here in New York. The life lessons, work lessons, people lessons, etc it has been such an amazing time for me. Also the amazing friends, coworkers,  and strangers that cross my path has been something I won't forget.

Adventures of the week:

Monday Barrett and I tried to get Dominican food at this place in Harlem. Well problem we both don't speak spanish and no one in the restaurant speaks english. When I tried to order the lady just started laughing at me with her friend. I just pointed at Chicken and said, "Chicken" a bunch. Well she brought out beef and I said, "I got chicken" she tried again with some new dish and who knows what it was but it was delicious.
 (My chicken and something's plate)

Wednesday Laura, Barrett, and I got NYC's highest rated pancakes at Clinton Street Bakery. They were heavenly and came in three types (chocolate chunk, blueberry, and banana walnut). I am a sucker for pancakes and these delighted my taste buds like no other and the maple butter syrup just smoothed me to a food coma!
(Pancake heaven...little fluffy circles of happiness)
(Laura drinking her milkshake and not listening to Barrett tell his stories)

Harrison Richards flew in to see me this weekend from LA...what a guy! We had a blast! We did SO much (actually so much my legs no joke were in serious pain on sunday from all the walking) but I'll highlight just some of my favorite moments of the trip.
(Harrison getting after the famous cronut "take 1" he had to go the next day to get the actual cronut)

 We went to Coney Island and soaked in all things americana nostalgia. We rode the fateful historic wood roller coaster "Cyclone" it was actually pretty smooth and enjoyable til one shot to the manhood that left me moaning the rest of the ride...once was enough for me.



(Coney Island...'Murica...Pre Cyclone smiles)

(photo cred: Harrison...I have wings on the Brooklyn Bridge)

(I'm smarter already just walking around Columbia University)

(Koronets pizza...slices bigger than your body...in fact I'll take a Pizzabag "sleeping bag made out of pizza")

Saturday we saw my first broadway musical. I couldn't just see any old musical with a man...I had to make it somewhat testosterone filled so we saw, "Rocky" the musical. It was awesome the stage was incredible and for the final fight with Apollo creed the ring moved out into the audience. The audience got to go on stage and sit around the ring, there were announcers, big screens, confetti, blood, it was fantastic!
(Yo Adrianne!!!)

(No joke it felt like a real fight...awesome atmosphere...even had red powder that would fly off their faces when they got punched to represent blood)

We went to the Top of the Rock to get an amazing view of the city.

(tons of street theatre...Our favorite is Tic and Tac...twin black guys who tell jokes, do some cool jumping tricks, and con people for lots of money)

Sunday we explored the Natural History museum after church for hours. Harrison's favorite was the giant sloth (a sloth the size of a rhino) and mine was the T-Rex (it's the calvin and hobbes in me).

(T-Rex and a rrrrawrr)

We ate at the famous Dino BBQ in harlem. EPIC meats! It was the man feast to remember. We literally ate every type of meat offered at the restaurant: shrimp, wings, ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken and this amazing side we didn't know existed Succatash!
(Plate 2 of just many at Dino's!)

On our way their the subway had tons of problems we had to transfer a ton, help some old ladies with luggage and at one point this crabby old man with a cane freaked out at me because I was going to slow down the stairs. The funny part was we beat him down the stairs, so needless to say we showed him!
(The Metro Transit = A very high tech method of displaying information about broken subways)

The evening ended with a sunset on the Hudson and just solid conversations with Harrison. I am so grateful to have a amazing friend like Harrison to see both coasts of this great country with me, and also to just talk all things deep and wide about the world.

(Photo cred: Harrison)



Truly I am blessed beyond measure...I am loving New York so much right now it has been something that has changed my life, but also hopefully made me a better person.

- Enjoy the Journey
Jonny Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment